Epic Detector Scholarship Program
Epic Detector is created in hopes to create awareness among the community about metal detecting, to educate and foster young minds in the long run about the benefits of metal detecting, to mentor the community about the need to preserve historical artifacts.
As part of the metal detecting community, this scholarship opportunity provides the perfect approach to encourage young minds in this and many other related industries or courses. This scholarship offers the right integration of incentives to provide those who are in college or entering college the financial boost they require.
Epic Detector proudly offers this $2,000 scholarship to one or more well-worthy students. This annual scholarship award is one of the ways we want to show our commitment to the community as a whole.
- Only students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program are eligible to apply.
- Students that are already under a scholarship from any company/organizations are not eligible for this scholarship.
Students from any undergraduate or graduate courses are accepted.
However, a slight preference will be given to students that are currently undertaking courses with direct relation to this activity.
Examples of these courses include:
- Civil engineering
How To Apply
Students who are interested to participate, you are required to submit an essay between 1000-2000 words to scholarship (at) epicdetector (dot) com.
Only topics related to the activity will be accepted. For example, metal detecting industry, archeology, etc.
Your essay should/may include:
- Your metal detecting adventure (how did you first get started, what’s your favorite location, etc)
- Constructive opinions/arguments on the topic you are writing about
- What and how can you contribute to the community?
- Something unique! Make sure what you write should be able to make you stand out from the rest.
Only 5-10 potential candidates will be selected based on
- the level of passion towards this activity
- unique opinions and angles
- and other relevant factors
These candidates will be called up for a phone interview using Skype. We will also notify you via your email address that you use to submit your essay.
The final winner will be decided after going through the interview.
Note: New deadlines will be updated from time to time as this is an annual scholarship
- February 30, 2018 – All students MUST submit their essay by this date. Submissions AFTER the deadline will not be entertained.
- March 30, 2018 – Potential candidates will be notified for the phone interview.
- April 15, 2018 – All phone interviews must be completed by this date.
- May 1, 2018 – The winner will be notified at this date. Your essay will also be featured on Epic Detector (reaching over 40,000 monthly readers).
Responsible personnel will contact you to arrange payment directly to the accredited institution as specified.
Spread the word!